Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Who I'm In Love With Today - The Ladies Of Ladytron



I have been a huge fan of Ladytron for some time now and after doing a disc-to-disc marathon of Ladytron albums today - it is official that I am in love with Helen Marnie and Mira Aroyo of Ladytron. For a period of time, I was removed from female-fronted groups due to a lack of quality - *MAJOR footnote here - don't get me wrong, Bjork, Natalie Merchant, Beth Gibbons, Kate Bush and Annie Lennox were all releasing albums at this point in time and they are all on my list of voices I wish I had if I were female, but overall the quality in female-fronted bands in the early to mid 2000s weren't at the caliber they could have been.

It wasn't until I heard 604 in 2005 (I know, I am late in the Ladytron-game) that a new love of the female voice emerged for me. Since then I have proclaimed my love and hand in marriage for both female factions of Ladytron. Please keep up the good work ladies (and men who accompany them.)

No comments: